The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards to Open March 15 at Noon
New York's Next Great Fashion and Foodie Destination Brings More Than a Mile of Shopping and Dining Experiences to Manhattan's West Side
Grand Opening Weekend Filled with Diverse Offering of Experiences and Special Programming to Welcome New Yorkers and Visitors
NEW YORK, NY – March 12, 2019 – The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards, New York City’s newest, most exciting and innovative shopping and dining destination, will officially open to the public at noon on Friday, March 15, 2019 as part of the Grand Opening of Hudson Yards. The one-million-square-foot retail center brings together an unparalleled collection of shopping and dining experiences found nowhere else in New York, including offerings from leading brands in every category from luxury to fast fashion, first stores from many digitally native brands and imaginative cultural exhibitions. The culinary collection offers comprehensive and complementary experiences for morning, noon and night, across all food types and price points. Located within the vibrant new Hudson Yards neighborhood – surrounded by 14 acres of public space, new cultural landmarks, 4,000 modern residences including affordable housing and state-of-the-art commercial office space for diverse, leading companies – The Shops & Restaurants, developed by Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group, represent a new shopping district with more than 100 stores, across seven levels. With connections to the High Line, No. 7 Subway line, and a dozen entrances from 10th Ave., 30th St., 33rd St., The Plaza and neighboring office towers, The Shops & Restaurants is also one of the most connected shopping destinations in New York. The development and operations of The Shops & Restaurants alone has created thousands of jobs.
“We curated The Shops & Restaurants with New Yorkers and the customer in mind – offering a diverse array of leading brands across categories and price-points, bringing new experiences, creating a suite of hospitality amenities never seen before in a shopping center, and embracing demand for differentiated dining and cultural experiences,” said Kenneth A. Himmel, President and CEO of Related Urban, the mixed-use division of Related Companies. “We are extremely excited to share with New York this group of retail and restaurateur partners that shared our forward-thinking vision and have poured an incredible amount of creativity into their concepts. We are thrilled to welcome the world to experience the collection.”
The Shops & Restaurants offer New Yorkers, visitors, workers and residents a comprehensive collection of top brands and experiences. This includes an approximately 190,000 sq. ft. Neiman Marcus, featuring three restaurants, on the top three levels of the retail center; a collection of experiential retail concepts and first permanent stores from leading digitally native brands; New York’s first Forty Five Ten, a more than 16,000 sq. ft. outpost of the Dallas-based boutique with four distinct storefronts; and mainstays across every category. The Shops & Restaurants is also home to Snark Park, the first permanent exhibition space from New York-based design studio Snarkitecture.
“The culinary creativity and diverse retail experiences at The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards showcase some of the most innovative and exciting concepts in shopping and dining today. We truly believe we have assembled a collection that will delight New Yorkers and visitors alike,” said Dean Shapiro, Head of US Property Development for Oxford Properties Group.
Complete list of retailers:
*Retailers coming soon
- Level 1: Avant Gallery, Brooks Brothers*, Cartier, Coach, The Conservatory, Cremieux, Dior*, Dunhill, Fendi, Kate Spade, Kenzo*, Molton Brown, Patek Philippe, Piaget, Rolex, Rudsak, Sally Hershberger Salon, Scanlan Theodore, Stuart Weitzman, Theory, Tiffany & Co.*, Tod’s*, Tory Burch, Tumi, Van Cleef & Arpels, Vilebrequin, Vitra Eyewear and Watches of Switzerland
- Level 2: AG Jeans by Adriano Goldschmied, Atelier Cologne, b8ta, Batch, Citarella, Frankie CoLAB, Heidi Klein, Lovepop, Mack Weldon, Madewell, M.Gemi, Milk & Honey Babies, Muji, Rhone, Snark Park, Stance and Uniqlo
- Level 3: Aritiza, Athleta, Banana Republic, H&M (first of two levels), Jo Malone London, Kiehl’s, Lululemon, M.A.C. Cosmetics, Origins, Pandora, Sephora, Sundays, Verizon Wireless and Zara (first of two levels)
- Level 4: 3DEN, The Body Shop, Dylan’s Candy Bar, H&M (level two) Li-Lac Chocolates, Micro Kickboard, PiQ and Zara (level two)
- Level 5: Neiman Marcus (first of three levels) including Chanel and Louis Vuitton hard shops and Forty Five Ten
- Level 6: Neiman Marcus
- Level 7: Neiman Marcus
The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards also includes an esteemed group of restaurants and food concepts co-curated by Chef Thomas Keller and Kenneth A. Himmel. The hand-selected culinary experiences provide New Yorkers, residents, visitors and employees with everything from early morning coffee to lunchtime salads, and from casual cocktails to celebratory evening dinners. There are food and beverage offerings located on every level of the retail center. Additional culinary offerings will also be located in other buildings at Hudson Yards.
The full dining collection includes:
- TAK Room, a new restaurant concept from Thomas Keller Restaurant Group that honors timeless American traditions (Level 5 and 6)
- Kāwi, a restaurant concept from Momofuku helmed by Chef Eunjo Park, accompanied by Peach Mart, its corresponding grab-and-go business (Level 5)
- Fuku, a fried kitchen concept from Momofuku (Level 2)
- Belcampo, a signature restaurant and retail concept from Anya Fernald’s renowned organic meat company, which is their first location outside of California (Level 4)
- Estiatorio Milos, a Greek seafood dining experience from Chef Costas Spiliadis (Level 5 and 6)
- Hudson Yards Grill, a welcome restaurant featuring refined classics by celebrated New York chef, Michael Lomonaco (Level 4)
- Queensyard, A European-inspired all-day café, restaurant and bar from D&D London (Level 4)
- Wild ink, a restaurant and bar from rhubarb, London’s premium hospitality group, and Chef Peter Jin (Level 5)
- Citarella Gourmet Market, including a new eat-in dining concept dubbed Citarella Hudson Yards (Level 2)
- Zodiac Room, Neiman Marcus’ signature fine dining restaurant (Level 7 in Neiman Marcus)
- Bar Stanley, a full bar serving Stanley Marcus’ favorite bites (Level 6 in Neiman Marcus)
- Cook & Merchants, a market with pre-made grab-and-go food options, coffee bar, chocolate counter, and wine bar with local craft beers (Level 5 in Neiman Marcus)
- Teak Tearoom, an all-day café with specialty teas, light fare and an evening tequila selection (Level 1 in The Conservatory)
- The Drug Store, a cocktail bar featuring drinks crafted with all-natural ingredients and functional properties (Level 2)
- Additional eateries and specialty food stores include: Blue Bottle Coffee (Level 2), Bluestone Lane (Level 3), Bouchon Bakery (Level 5), Dylan’s Candy Bar (Level 4), Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee (Level 4), Li-Lac Chocolates (Level 4), Shake Shack (Level 4), Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream (Level 3) and William Greenberg Desserts (Level 3)
- Mercado Little Spain, a 35,000 sq. ft. Spanish food experience by Chef José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup, in collaboration with fellow Spanish chefs Ferran and Albert Adrià, featuring three full-service restaurants; several bars; more than a dozen individual stalls serving a wide selection of tapas; as well as retail kiosks selling a variety of Spanish products and gift baskets. Mercado Little Spain is located on the street-level of 10 Hudson Yards, underneath the High Line, accessible from Level 1 of the retail center.
Designed by Elkus Manfredi Architects, The Shops & Restaurants pay homage to the industrial past of the West Side. Inside, steel and dark wood evoke the rail yards that once dominated the area and natural stone floors and exposed support structures contribute to the rough-hewn, urban elegance of this vertical neighborhood.
The Shops & Restaurants will feature a rotating calendar of culture and entertainment programming to ensure no two visits are exactly the same beginning with HYxOffTheWall, an eight-month site-specific art and design exhibition curated by Culture Corps. The exhibition features large scale interactive/3D installations, curious and often humorous tableaus and murals by 13 significant artists, including: Jamilla Okubo, Francesco Clemente, Will Cotton, Rachel Feinstein, Rico Gatson, Deborah Kass, Jeanette Hayes, Lara Schnitger, Willie Cole, Donald Robertson Rob Pruitt, Misaki Kawai, Serban Ionescu. With the rich history and geographic location of Hudson Yards in mind, all artworks relate back to the site’s past, present or future expressed in the artist’s distinct point of view.
On March 15, and during the Grand Opening Weekend of Hudson Yards, numerous public performances will take place including presentations from the Rising Stars of the Ailey School, an NYC-founded performing arts community using the beauty of the African-American heritage and other cultures to unite people of all races, ages and backgrounds; the Haiku Guys, poets that create complimentary Haiku’s on any topic; Taro’s Origami, intricate and unique origami mementos; Caricature Artist A.E. Kieren, an undercover illustrator creating candid sketches in the moment; The D.R.E.A.M. Ring, a community-oriented dance company performing the Brooklyn-born street dance style Flexn, dressed by Lululemon; Silhouettes by Cindi, live creation of unique paper silhouette mementos; in addition to various DJ’s playing throughout the weekend.
Many retailers will invite shoppers to celebrate with special activations, including:
- AVANT GALLERY: Live painting by Skyler Grey. Featured artists include Will Kurtz, Lasso, BNS and Tom Fruin
- CARTIER: Launch of “Les Galaxies de Cartier” jewelry collection, exclusively at Hudson Yards
- COACH: Made-to-order C101 sneaker bar with choice of colors, materials, embellishments and more
- THE CONSERVATORY: Germany’s top anti-aging dermatologist, Timm Golueke, shares his cult favorite skincare line, Royal Fern. Resident DJ Lucy Wrubel spinning live in store (Friday from 10am–5pm)
- DUNHILL: Complimentary embossing for any small or medium leather purchases
- MOLTON BROWN: Beautifully-scented hair touch-ups, skincare pick-me-ups, unique scented temporary tattoo applications, sweet treats and refreshments
- PIAGET: Launch of four exclusive pieces from the new Sunlight Collection, only available at Hudson Yards
- RUDSAK: Launch weekend of the “I AM” campaign
- SALLY HERSHBERGER HY SALON: Bang trim and blowout bar. Balloons filled with hairstyling gift cards, including the chance to win a cut and style with Sally Hershberger herself
- SCANLAN THEODORE: Personal, executive styling services, refreshments and exclusive promotions
- STUART WEITZMAN: Personalized treats and a gift with any purchase (Friday only)
- TUMI: Exclusive crimson monogrammed patch with any purchase of select styles from the Alpha collection
- VILBREQUIN: Custom embroidery monogramming and influencer appearances
- VISA GIVING WALL: An exclusive digital installation, which recognizes and encourages women’s strength, grit and the impact they have on their families, their businesses and the economy
- ATELIER COLOGNE: Lucky first 30 visitors will receive a customizable travel size perfume with leather case (Friday @ 12pm). After-work cocktails (Friday @ 5pm)
- B8TA: Exclusive selection of “Best of B8TA” product winners
- BATCH: Launch of the “Batch Hello” collection
- HEIDI KLEIN: Enjoy 10% off everything. Exclusive gift with purchase. Cocktails
- GEMI: Complimentary monogramming of Medio Sandal
- MACK WELDON: Custom-designed “MACK-MAN” video game contest. Card case and accessory custom monogramming
- MADEWELL: Complimentary signature Bien Fait tote with any purchase, plant from The Sill with any spend over $50. Sips and small bites
- MILK & HONEY BABIES: 5% of opening weekend proceeds will be donated to Jessica Alba’s charity Baby2Baby
- MUJI: MUJI’s embroidery station for personalizing customized fabrics from more than 300 designs. Tailoring of select MUJI bottoms with alteration service. Photo booth featuring artwork created in collaboration with a special artist. Limited time Grand Opening promotions and a coffee stand
- RHONE: Preview of newest collection celebrating the launch of Rhone’s first brick and mortar location
- SNARK PARK: Collectibles and KITH Treats counter open (Friday only). Installation fully open (Saturday and Sunday)
- UNIQLO: Gift to first 100 customers with purchase of $50 or more all weekend. Lucky Kuji prizes, hot tea and Mochi snacks (Friday from 12pm–2pm, Saturday and Sunday from 10am–12pm). Live Japanese Taiko Drum performances (Friday @ 12:30pm, 3:30pm and 6:30pm; Saturday @ 11:30am, 1:30pm, 5pm and 7pm; Sunday @ 1pm, 2pm and 4pm)
- ARITZIA: Pop-up flower shop. Complimentary bouquet of flowers with purchase
- ATHLETA: Live DJ all weekend and Atmospherics performances highlighting female strength and agility (daily from 6:30pm–8:30pm)
- BANANA REPUBLIC: Personalized embroidery with select purchases. Complimentary camo tote, can also be embroidered, for purchases over $100. Sweet treats (Saturday and Sunday)
- H&M: Giveaways of up to $1,000 for the first 1,000 shoppers. Live photographer photo experience including printouts and social sharing. Live DJ
- JO MALONE LONDON: First 50 customers receive gift with any purchase of $65 or more (Friday only)
- KIEHL’S: First 30 people receive a mystery gift card, up to a $200 value. Enter for a chance to win a $500 Kiehl’s gift card. Create a complimentary customized Kiehl’s tote with any purchase
- LULULEMON: World-renowned dancer and choreographer, Ebony Williams releases her newest piece (Friday @ 2pm and 4pm). Time to get groovy with DJ Jomero and cocoa sensei (Saturday @ 2pm and 4pm). Start the day off through a guided meditation (Sunday from 9:30am–10:30am)
- A.C. COSMETICS: Beautiful models splashed with color! Complimentary Spring makeup demonstrations with spectacular artists (Friday @ 12pm)
- ORIGINS: Launch of Plantscription Retinol Night Moisturizer, retinol Q&A, meditation session, complimentary mini facials, special gifts and more
- PANDORA: Photo op at “Pandora Garden,” a limited, live floral and greenery installation
- SEPHORA: Customizable beauty pouch and beauty case gift with $100 purchase, interactive photo booth
- SUNDAYS: Infused tea sampling room, silent group meditation through headsets and exclusive nail art station
- 3DEN: Take a seat on the tree swings, sip forbidden cocktails and gaze at the Public Square and Gardens, to great music. An unexpected twist will bring some fun from the outside, inside
- JACK’S STIR BREW COFFEE: Half-priced drinks all day (Friday only)
- MICRO KICKBOARD: Astounding scooter demonstrations and Micro Merlin raffle (electric scooter valued at $799)
- PIQ: Photo ops with the Rilakkuma Mascot, Smiski Mascot and the Harajuku Girls. Product demonstrations, giveaways, scavenger hunt and more
- FORTY FIVE TEN: Limited edition Caitlin Keogh fashion piece
- NEIMAN MARCUS: Chanel National Makeup Artist Event – Meet-and-greet and experience the latest makeup collection with National Makeup Artists Ryan Conner and Vadee Chun (Friday only). Customization and hand-painting on Louis Vuitton items by Chiharu Sei, the Northeast Region Artist for Louis Vuitton. Di Martino Pasta Tasting – Meet Michelin-Star Chef Cristina Bowerman and experience the art of authentic Italian cuisine with Di Martino pasta tastings (Friday @ 1pm, 3pm, and 6pm; Saturday @ 12pm, 3pm, and 6pm; and Sunday @ 1pm and 4pm). Minnie Muse – Experience the Minnie Muse digital and physical art installation, the brainchild of New Yorker Colby Mugrabi, at the store entrance. Additional special events and gift with purchase throughout the weekend.
- NEIMAN MARCUS: I ❤NM Activation — Designer Ava Nirui to customize Neiman Marcus product (Saturday @ 12:30 – 2pm). Get Pierce’d – Piercing artist Brian Keith Thompson and immersive visual artist Signe Pierce to create a dynamic piercing salon vignette where guests can get free piercings with the purchase of any earrings at Neiman Marcus -- a special guest of the artist will also make a surprise appearance to get a piercing as well (Saturday @ 10am – 9pm).
- NEIMAN MARCUS: Sugarfina Tasting Cart – A custom tasting cart of Sugarfina favorites
All offers available while supplies last.
The Shops & Restaurants are open from 10:00am to 9:00pm, Monday through Saturday, and 11:00am to 7:00pm on Sunday. Note: Some restaurant and café hours may vary based on their offerings. Holiday hours are to be announced.
*For new high resolution images of The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards, please visit https://related.box.com/s/t504nwr3zr40uqmjql60aaofxo0m9u5r.
*For more information about Hudson Yards, including accessing high resolution images and renderings, please visit https://related.app.box.com/s/vzztkolraobv61pqnzslqdheraikswqj.
ABOUT HUDSON YARDS:
Hudson Yards is a new neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side being developed by Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group. Hudson Yards will be home to more than 100 shops and restaurants, including New York City’s first Neiman Marcus, an array of experiential and online retailers, and a collection of leading brands in every category from luxury to fast fashion. The neighborhood will feature restaurants and food experiences by chefs and restaurateurs Thomas Keller, José Andrés, David Chang, Michael Lomonaco, Costas Spiliadis, rhubarb and Chef Peter Jin, D&D London and more; dynamic cultural institutions; 4,000 state-of-the-art modern residences; a new 750-seat public school; a 212-room Equinox Hotel®; and more than 14 acres of public plazas, gardens and groves – all offering unparalleled amenities for residents, employees and guests. For more information on Hudson Yards, please visit www.HudsonYardsNewYork.com.