Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets are required to experience Vessel. Tickets are required for everyone in your party except for those 5 years of age or younger. All tickets have date and/or timed entry.
How much do tickets cost?
Tickets to Vessel are FREE and require you to arrive during your designated date and timeslot for entry.
In response to requests by tour operators, large-group and out-of-town visitors asking for more flexibility in planning visits, a limited number of Flex Pass tickets will be allocated each day for future reservations and large groups, on a first come, first serve basis, for a convenience fee of $10.00 each. Flex Pass tickets will allow visitors to book the date of their choice up to six months in advance and arrive that day at the time that best suits their schedule. Flex Pass tickets can only be purchased online or by contacting us at 1-332-204-8500 or
How can I get tickets?
SAME DAY: For FREE same day time-specific tickets, please visit us onsite beginning at 9:30am. Same day tickets are available on all of the interactive kiosks in the Shops and Restaurants at 20 Hudson Yards and the interactive kiosks on the Public Square and Gardens. All FREE tickets are issued on a first come, first served basis. Tickets are distributed for the next available timeslot and allow for a one-time entrance during your assigned timeslot.
- Limited quantities of FREE tickets are also available for future reservations in a 14-day window. These tickets can only be reserved online here.
- In response to requests by tour operators, large-group and out-of-town visitors asking for more flexibility in planning visits, a limited number of Flex Pass tickets will be allocated each day for future reservations, on a first come, first serve basis, for a convenience fee of $10.00 each. With the Flex Pass tickets, visitors can book the date of their choice up to six months in advance and arrive at the time that day that best suits their schedule. These tickets allow a one-time entrance at any time during operating hours on a selected date. Flex Pass tickets can only be purchased online or by contacting us at 1-332-204-8500 or .
Why have you added the Flex Pass ticketing option?
There has been an incredible demand for tickets to Vessel, which has quickly become a “must see” landmark destination in New York City. Tour operators, large-group and out-of-town visitors have asked for more flexibility in planning visits.
Anyone who wants to visit Vessel for free will be able to do so with the overwhelming majority of tickets continuing to be free for New Yorkers and visitors.
Is there group booking?
Yes! Group reservations are required for groups of 15 or more. Please contact us at 1-332-204-8500 or email us atto inquire about your group visit.
Group reservations must be reserved 3 days in advance. Payment for Flex Pass ticket purchases must be paid at the time of booking. Payment is only available by credit card provided over the phone. Group size may be limited per time slot, subject to availability. Some blackout or other restrictions may apply.
One chaperone per every 10 guests (ages 0-18) are required. Chaperones must remain with the group at all times. Chaperones must be older than 21 years to qualify as a chaperone.
How does entry work?
FREE Time-specific Tickets: Your entry time and date are printed on your ticket. Arrive anytime within the time indicated on your ticket. Proceed directly to the Vessel entrance and show your ticket to an Experience Ambassador.
FLEX PASS tickets: Your entry date is printed on your ticket. Arrive anytime within operating hours and proceed directly to the Vessel entrance. Show your ticket to an Experience Ambassador for entry.
Is there a time limit on my visit? How long does a visit take?
There are no time limits on your visit. However, during busy periods we reserve the right to impose time limits. We recommend allowing for 30 minutes to your visit to Vessel.
Do I need to print my ticket if I reserved through the website?
We encourage you to present your ticket on your mobile device, but printed tickets will also be accepted.
What if I lose or can't print my tickets?
Please refer to your original confirmation email as the tickets are attached.
If you can’t find your tickets, you can emailor see an Experience Ambassador on the day of your visit for assistance. Please bring the confirmation number issued to you during the reservation process.
What if I didn't receive my confirmation email?
If you did not receive your confirmation email please let us know at.
How do I reserve tickets for a tour/travel group?
For groups of 15 or more please call 1-332-204-8500 or email.
Created by Thomas Heatherwick and Heatherwick Studio, Vessel presents a uniquely interactive experience – a monument meant to be climbed and explored. Comprised of 154 intricately interconnected flights of stairs – almost 2,500 individual steps and 80 landings – the centerpiece will literally lift up the public, offering a multitude of ways to engage with New York and each other.
Is Vessel open in poor weather conditions?
Vessel is an outdoor activity and is open during all normal weather conditions, but we reserve the right to close Vessel during inclement or extreme weather, at our sole discretion. Unless we have determined to close Vessel, tickets will not be exchanged due to weather. If Vessel or a portion of Vessel closes due to severe weather conditions, Experience Ambassadors will be available to provide assistance and information.
Is Vessel appropriate for all ages?
Vessel is appropriate for all ages. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult during their visit. Children 5 years old or younger do not need a ticket and may attend the Vessel when accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
Is Vessel accessible for a person with disabilities?
Vessel offers an elevator for those who require it for their visit. Please contact us atfor additional assistance or information.
Can I bring my pet?
Only service animals are allowed on the Vessel.
Can I bring food or drinks?
Clear, plastic water bottles are permitted on Vessel, however, no other food or drink is allowed. Glass bottles are strictly prohibited.
Are baby strollers allowed?
Strollers are not allowed inside Vessel. There is an unmonitored stroller parking area nearby. Items left in this area are at your sole risk. Please hold on to personal belongings.
Can I bring bikes, scooters, or skateboards?
Bikes, scooters, or skateboards are not allowed on Vessel. There is a bike rack nearby on 30th and 10th Avenue.
Can I bring my luggage?
Normal size backpacks and bags are permitted on Vessel. Large bags and luggage are not permitted
For security purposes, Hudson Yards reserves the right to inspect any bags. You consent to such an inspection by visiting Vessel.
Can I take pictures or use my cell phone?
Yes. Photography is permitted for private use only.
If you are in interested in submitting a proposal for a commercial photo shoot, please contact.
Tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted.
What if I lose something on the Vessel?
During your visit, please see an Experience Ambassador to report a lost item.
After your visit, please emailfor assistance.
What if I miss the entry time on my ticket?
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded. If you miss your entry day or time please see an Experience Ambassador who may be able to accommodate you during the next available entry time. This accommodation is not guaranteed.
What if I show up earlier than my time slot?
We encourage you to explore all Hudson Yards has to offer while you await your entry time. There is no waiting area at Vessel for upcoming entry times.
What if I need additional tickets when I arrive?
Tickets are available onsite on a first come, first served basis. If you require additional tickets for the same day please see an Experience Ambassador for assistance or utilize our interactive kiosks to obtain next available, day-of tickets. There is no guarantee we will be able to accommodate additional tickets or that your entry time will have additional reservations available.
Do you host private parties or special events?
If you are interested in hosting a special event, please contact.
Policies and FAQs:
- Group reservations are required for groups of 15 or more. Please contact us at 1-332-204-8500 or email us at to inquire about your group visit. Please contact us for more information on bringing your accessible group.
- Group reservations must be reserved 3 days in advance. Payment for Flex Pass ticket purchases must be made at the time of booking. Payment is only available by credit card provided over the phone.
- Group size may be limited and is subject to availability. Some blackout or other restrictions may apply.
- One chaperone per every 10 guests (ages 0-18) are required. Chaperones must remain with the group at all times. Chaperones must be older than 21 years to qualify as a chaperone.
- Children 5 years old or younger do not need a ticket and may attend the Vessel free of charge when accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
- One complimentary ticket will be given per group Flex Pass reservation. One additional complimentary ticket will be given for every 50 Flex Pass group visitor reservation.
- Tickets and complimentary tickets may not be refunded, resold, exchanged, or transferred. Reselling tickets on Hudson Yards’ Public Square and Gardens is expressly prohibited.
- No refunds shall be issued in the event of closure due to weather. Flex Pass tickets can be reissued for a future date in the event of closure due to weather.
- We reserve the right to refuse or dismiss any group for misconduct.
- All groups are also subject to our general visitor policies found here. By booking your group, you agree to adhere to the Vessel Group Policies and FAQs, the Vessel Terms & Conditions, and the Vessel Guest Rules and Policies. All policies are subject to change without notice.
- Please allow 30-45 minutes for a visit to Vessel.
- Unapproved third-party guided tours are not permitted inside Vessel.
- Audio or visually distracting items including, but not limited to, horns, whistles, megaphones, flags, banners are not permitted.
- There are no storage options for groups available at Hudson Yards.
- No food and drink (except water in clear plastic bottles) is allowed on the Vessel. Glass bottles are strictly prohibited.
- Groups may also visit and make reservations at the restaurants at Hudson Yards. To find out more information and make reservations directly with each restaurant, please visit www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/food-drink/
- Find out more about the other working, living, shopping, dining, and sightseeing options at Hudson Yards at www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com.